Monday, February 22, 2010

The Oath

So today I went out to the State Capitol of Oklahoma to check out some places that I might be able to take my oath for the Air Force HPSP. My recruiter told me I just have to have a place with an American flag and an Air Force Officer (which he's going to work out for me) so I wanted some place neat and memorable and I think the State Capitol building would be really neat.

I've been looking into the Commissioned Officer Training material a bit and I'm hopeful that my schedule will work out to allow me to go to COT this summer (May-June). I'd like to get that under my belt before dental school so I don't have it looming at the end of my 4 years, although I've heard it's just fine either way.

Once COT gets closer, I'll be creating and updating the COT page. I've found lots of great information on the internet but it seems to be scattered in several locations. Hopefully when it's all said and done I'll have lots of great first hand experience information to pass along to those looking at the HPSP scholarship or COT in general.

Since I haven't mentioned it yet, I'll talk about what I'm doing this 'semester' since I'm not in school.

I currently work as a high school math and chemistry tutor for a few kids in the area. My dad is friends with a lady who started her own tutoring company a few years ago and had told my dad she was looking for a new tutor. Lucky me! I was looking at the possibility of waiting tables (again...) and I'm much happier with this job. It's a shame that my favorite job to this point in my life is a job that will only last a few more months but all good things must come to an end.


I'm off... hopefully I'll get some time to work on these pages quite a bit this week!

No comments:

Post a Comment