Saturday, July 16, 2011

Been a while...

Well, it's darn near 2 months since my last post. Sorry I've been so lax lately! We are currently in a newly designed 8 week summer session and it has one huge upside and one huge downside...

Upside: Nearly half of our schedule are slots for patient scheduling and we only use it if we have a patient we want to schedule at that time... meaning 90% of those times we are off.

Downside: So much time off = most insane case of laziness of all time. We'll have a grand total of about 4 tests over the summer. That's 1 test every two weeks (average). Compare that to the roughly 100 test fall last year and you see the issue. No one is in high gear and it's just not a good deal! Motivation is not there.

Not much new on the Air Force front... no COT this summer, maybe next? I'm thinking probably 2014 at this point. Wish I could go and have lots to tell you all! Looks like that will have to wait.

Oh! Not sure if I mentioned this before somewhere (don't want to check, sorry!) but I was elected president of the class of 2014 for the next year! The guy that was president didn't want the position any longer so I stepped up and won the election, so that was neat! It's a lot of fun for me to have this responsibility and put this on myself. It keeps me motivated.

As always, email me with questions!

2 comments:

  1. do air force send u to training every summer?

    ReplyDelete
  2. No, just once for COT. Each summer you are put on an active duty tour, but your assignment will be whatever school you are attending. No training. You can read more about it here (http://usafdds.blogspot.com/p/air-force-health-professions.html) or click the Air Force HPSP tab above.

    ReplyDelete