Friday, April 15, 2011

When to apply for the HPSP? Now!

This is my first post that has nothing to do with me and my journey, etc., but for those mulling the idea of the HPSP, I wanted to say this.

If you are considering applying to dental school so that you will begin attending in the Fall of 2012, you need to start talking with a recruiter ASAP.

I lay this all out in the Q&A section of the Air Force HPSP tab at the top (access it here), but just a heads up to those looking at a 4-year scholarship.

If you are a pre-dental student looking at applying this summer, now is the time to talk to a recruiter. Please take a look at the Q&A section for more details on why you cannot wait to speak to a recruiter.

The short story is this:
The Air Force selects their scholarships in February. This means that you must have applied before this time to be accepted at all. Thus, since the process takes several weeks, and since recruiters sometimes work over a several state area, you need to get your foot in the door before other applicants and before it's too late.

Feel free to email me if you have questions, and again, for more details, visit the Q&A section of the Air Force HPSP tab at the top (or click here).

7 comments:

  1. Hey Matthew,

    I am very impressed with your blog. I am also a 4-year HPSP recipient Class of 2014 at OHSU. I will say that your posts are very informative and accurate for anyone out there looking into the scholarship. It's funny, I almost went to OU. I went to COT last summer so let me know if you have any questions about it. You seem pretty on top of it though.

    Kyle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Even I was impressed, but he never published my comment.

      Delete
  2. Thank you Kyle, I appreciate it! I'll be sure to toss any COT questions your way.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i also would like to apply for this job i have completed my graduation .

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was very intrigued with this blog. Many HPSP class members would say your post is educated and highly informative. You seem like someone who is on top of their facts

    ReplyDelete
  5. wonderful information this was highly educated and very well written I was Looking for this type of blog

    ReplyDelete